Monday, June 23, 2008

From Jack Teems

In the Neat Net Tricks newsletter by Jack Teems I found this item.

"In recent consumer tests conducted in Great Britain, one item was found to have five times as much bacteria as a toilet seat. One study in which a scientist swabbed 33 of these found food poisoning bugs such as e.coli, coliforms, staphylococcus auereus and enterobacteria. The device had 150 times the acceptable limit of bacteria. Four of them were considered a potential health hazard and one was "condemned." Users of these were "at high risk of becoming ill from contact."

So what's this sinister contraption I'm talking about? It's the computer keyboard, and now you have still one more thing to worry about."

Why does this occur? According to Teems it is because noone washes their hands before computing and everyone eats over the keyboard allowing all sorts of half chewed food particles to infest the inner recesses of the machine. YUCK!

And have a nice day.

No comments: