Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Things One Might Like to hear a Politician Say

On Flipflops. "In order to have a compromise some folks have to change their positions a bit. I have done it in the past and I will do it in the future; it is not a mortal sin."

On Political Advertising Instead of "I am Joe Blow and I support this message" shouldn't it really be "I am Joe Blow and remember that past performance is no guarantee of future performance."

On Health Care "I hereby renounce my government paid health plan benefits until all of my constituents have health insurance."

"Yes, I have just played the race card and I'm proud of it."

"It's the economy stupid, and I can't control it any more than you can."

"The problem is my friend that you are not really hurting if you can't afford the gas for the SUV to haul your boat to your summer home."

"Are there any services that you are willing to pay taxes for?"

No comments:

Featured Posts

Comments on CRT production of Fairview

  Fairview by Jackie Sibblies Drury is the 2019 winner of the Pulitizer Prize for drama.   It is a play that starts out like “The Jeffersons...