Monday, January 16, 2012

Who are the one-percent in your town?

The January of my dreams continues.   We have had one minor snowfall and no below zero weather. Although this might be the occasion to wax elouquent on global warming, I prefer to think of it as just a simple pleasure gifted by the spin of the wheel of weather fortune.  I still suspect we will pay big time before the appearance of the daffodils.

What I did notice today was a fascinating chart and an accompanying article on the nature of the 1% in our country.  It comes from the New York Times and is revealing and probably about as even handed as any article on this hyperpolarizing topic can be.  Check it out.    I have discovered that I was not in, am not in now, and will not OCCUPY THE 1% NITCHE IN THE FUTURE.  
    

No comments:

Featured Posts

Comments on CRT production of Fairview

  Fairview by Jackie Sibblies Drury is the 2019 winner of the Pulitizer Prize for drama.   It is a play that starts out like “The Jeffersons...