Sunday, September 30, 2007

Henderson County, IL Heritage Trail is Midwest at its Best







Those city folks may laugh, but the real heart of the idea that is America lies in the magnificent rural breadbasket of the country. As William Faulkner said, "I discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it, and by sublimating the actual into apocryphal I would have complete liberty to use whatever talent I might have to its absolute top." So it was a lovely fall day, a bumper harvest, and good old midwestern pastimes from flea markets to cider drinking were around every corner. What could be better? There are more photos on Flickr under the search item Henderson County, IL Heritage Trail.

No comments:

Featured Posts

Comments on CRT production of Fairview

  Fairview by Jackie Sibblies Drury is the 2019 winner of the Pulitizer Prize for drama.   It is a play that starts out like “The Jeffersons...